Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Back to blogging...

It has been almost a year since I have visited my blog. I guess life got busy. Not that it still isn't busy, but I think I will make an effort to keep up this time.

Hannah joined our family on June 18th, 2008 by whirlwind. She came by C-section, at 36 weeks, because she was breech and had low fluid. Wow! She made a dramatic entrance but has been a very easy-going baby. She melts my heart.

This past Sunday, I was in the bathroom at our new house. Scott had come in for something and stepped in front of me and then we he backed up, he stepped on my toes. Ouchie! I yelped in pain and stopped myself from using a few choice words because Alexis was right there. She immediately stopped and said "sorry, Mommy", as if she was taking the blame. Her sweetness instantly took the pain away from my aching toes. She continued on for a minute or so asking if I was OK. I assured her I was and then in a sheer moment of pity, she leaned down and lifted my foot and kissed it, exclaiming. "all better." My eyes welled up with tears. She is such a sensitive soul.

I am having anxiety about Alexis's need to pick up and carry her baby sister. In a controlled environment, it is cute and I smile. I know that is sending the wrong message because when I turn my back for just a moment, she seizes the opportunity. She is so sweet about it though, always bringing her straight to me and saying, "Baby Hannah hun-gree". Instant happiness at the sound of her innocent voice. I hope that someone is watching over my baby Hannah; her overzealous sister may drop her.

We went shopping for ballet shoes today. Her first class is tomorrow. She was smitten with the tiny, baby pink, ballet shoes. She even carried the shopping bag over her shoulder and out to the car. Once safely strapped into her car seat, she got them out, insisted on putting them on, and insisted on wearing them into Costco. I agreed, much to her delight. Besides, you only get your first pair of ballet slippers once. She loves them and I can't wait to see how the class unfolds tomorrow.

I hope to make this blog a regular activity so the rest of the world can hear my constant ramblings. I can hear the excitement.

No comments: