Friday, November 21, 2008

A Work in Progress

Scott and I bought a swing set for Alexis on Craigslist. It has become Scott's project to fix it up over the last month. Some sanding, staining, and elbow grease and we have ourselves a pretty nice set. It needs a roof and a climbing ladder and then we can call the project complete. Complete or not, Alexis in enjoying it. The weather here has been in the high 70's, so it is perfect for playing outdoors. I captured some pictures of her today enjoying her new toy.











I hope I am not jinxing myself, but I am going to venture out and say that Alexis has not had one potty accident in 4 days. I am so proud of her! She has done great and has even graduated to using the big potty, all on her own accord. Last night was the first night without a nighttime diaper and she did great! Tomorrow is the true test. We are traveling to visit Grammy and Papa and here is hope that she does well on her first major outing in panties! I am so not in the mood to clean up any more toddler poo.

Hannah is still getting over the cold that just keeps hanging on. Poor girl is pretty good during the day but at night she gets a pretty bad case of the sniffles. She is powering through it though with just mild crankies along the way. She is learning to sit and will probably crawl soon after. Today I was practicing with her and I would hold her tummy off the ground. She was making distinct crawling motions. Just a little bit more upper body strength and she will have it down. Two kids being mobile is quite overwhelming. Pray for us, we will certainly need it.

Hannah hanging outside with the girls...



Showing off her skills...

No comments: