Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Toothbrushes

Last night Scott was out of town on business. With history in the making, I turned on the television to watch the poll returns. Alexis was less than thrilled because we weren't watching cartoons but I wanted her to witness history, even if she won't remember. Of course, she paid no attention but I was pretty excited to see the evening unfold. Soon after Obama was announced as the 44th president of the United States, I started getting Alexis ready for bed. I told her we would be going "ni-night" soon. We always brush her teeth before bed so when she disappeared into my bathroom I just assumed she went to get her toothbrush. She comes out with both mine and Scott's toothbrush. A little unusual, but okay. She is brushing her teeth and soon disappears again. She brings me my toothbrush and tells me that she got it wet for me. This goes on a couple of more times. Then it dawns on me. Where the heck did she get the water from?? I asked her and she didn't answer and went into the bathroom. I listened for the sink because I know she can get up there, but I heard no water running. She came back with wet toothbrushes again and was brushing her teeth. I asked again and she looked at me matter-of-factly and said, "out of the big potty, Mom". I just about died. I followed her in there and sure enough she was dipping the toothbrushes in the toilet. Yuck! Needless to say, we made a trip to the store today for new toothbrushes.

No comments: