Monday, February 2, 2009

25 Random Things

Thanks to my Facebook friends...

1. I have received this list from many of my Facebook friends and at first I thought it was really silly. I must have had a change of heart, because here I am writing one.

2. I knew I wanted to be a mother since the time I was a little girl. These little women are my world but it is harder than I anticipated.

3. I am keenly aware of my mortality. I am not afraid of my own death but spend a great deal of my time fearing losing my children or leaving them without a mother.

4. I am married to an engineer. He is a great man and father and I love him with all my heart. He does, however, not have a romantic bone in his body.

5. I went to nursing school to become a labor and delivery nurse. It was awful because nursing school has very little to do with labor and delivery. I survived and I am glad I did.

6. I am 6'0 tall and my husband is 6'7. Our girls don't stand a chance of being average height.

7. Yes, I did play basketball in high school. I hated it and quit my senior year. Why does everyone ask that?

8. I have lived in Maryland, Kansas, Arizona, and California. All in the last 3 years.

9. I can drive a stick shift.

10. I will homeschool my kids. Even if it means I have to move to another country.

11. I am scared of the dark. Really.

12. I hate rollercoasters and I am afraid of heights.

13. My best girlfriend is my mother. I share everything with her and she with me. If I am half the mother to my kids that she was to us, I will feel like I have succeeded. She is my hero.

14. I do not like the beach. I know, I live in San Diego, but I really don't like it. The sand makes a big mess and I don't like the feeling of seaweed in my toes. I don't swim all that well so the current makes me nervous. The whole scene is something I can do without.

15. When I have an alcoholic beverage, I can feel it in my legs.

16. I breastfeed my baby. I think everyone should breastfeed their babies.

17. My feet are always cold.

18. I have a lot of professional goals but I want to be home with my kids, so if I never reach those goals, I am okay with it.

19. Jesus is my Lord and Savior.

20. I have a goal to try one of every kind of cloth diaper that is made. It is quite the undertaking if you are into that type of thing.

21. I love having professional pictures of my kids done. I would do it every month if we were rich. I cherish my pictures and would go to great lengths to save them from a natural disaster.

22. My maiden name is Purkeypile. Enough said.

23. I would love to drive a mini-van. Not many women can say that. One day, my dream will come true.

24. In middle school, my mom actually let me go to school wearing brown Bongo jeans and a flourescent orange sweatshirt.

25. My husband and my children own my heart. I love them so much it hurts and I want to be better everyday because of them.

No comments: