Friday, January 9, 2009

Stinky Bears

Alexis has the funniest sayings. For a couple of weeks now she has been saying "stinky bears, stinky bears" and we can not figure out what she is saying. Today in the car we were singing songs and she started with the stinky bears. It finally dawned on me that she was trying to sing "Jingle Bells". She was so excited that I figured it out that she insisted that we sing "Jingle Bells" all the way home.

She also loves everything about birthdays. She is constantly talking about birthday parties, birthday cake, and everything birthday. For some time now, every time she puts any object on top of someones head she says in the sweetest little voice, " ____is a birf-day cake". It is mainly Hannah that she exclaims is a birthday cake, mostly because Baby Hannah's head is within her reach. No matter what it is, a book, a cup, a toy, if it is a top someones head, they are automatically a birthday cake. Where did she get that from?

Hannah is going through an ultra-clingy stage. I have to be within sight at all times and most of the time. I must be holding her. If we are in the car and she is not asleep, she is fussy. We figure it is from teething. The funny thing about it is that if she is fussing and someone starts singing the ABCs, she stops crying. No other song, as we have tried many a time. Only the ABCs. Scott and I are so tired of the ABCs, but we sing until out throats hurt. The only explanation I come up with is that when I was pregnant with her, I was teaching Alexis her ABCs and I sang that song constantly. That makes sense, right?

My post must come to an end as it is 10:15 PM and my baby daughter is looking for me. After tomorrow, I will see the world through my own eyes, seeing as they get lasered correctly.

1 comment:

kelli said...

Amanda, call me! I am worried about you since I havent heard anything.