Friday, August 3, 2007

Running....

In the last few days you can really get going, You have now figured out how to run and run fast. You run from us and we are trying to nip that in the bud. You think running is the coolest thing and you have the silliest grin on your face as you run across the floor.

Much to my credit, you now know where your nose is. I have been working with you for a couple of weeks but I am sure now that you know. If you say, "Alexis, where is your nose?", you point to your nose, every time, without fail. Most times you stick your finger in your nose. I hope this is not a sign of habits to come.

Today. I was getting ready to go to lunch and I was curling my hair at Mom's vanity. You were being overly whiny (as it seems you are a lot lately) and Mimi tried to distract you by asking you to show her the dog. There was a picture of a dog on an advertisement paper lying on the ground. You looked at her and walked away. You went into the kitchen and found your Touch and Feel book with the dog in it and brought it back to Mimi. She then asked you where the dog was and you opened the book to the dog page. If that wasn't enough, she showed you the picture of the fish and you very clearly said "fish". I was amazed, as was your Mimi.

You seemed to have missed the memo that you aren't supposed to have separation anxiety until 15 months. I can't leave the room without you following me and chanting, "mamamamama", while holding your arms in the air. It is quite a pathetic sight but it is cute enough for me to always pick you up. You seemed to prefer me from birth, literally. The night you were born you would not stay in the bassinet, even when the nurse insisted that you could not sleep with me in my hospital bed. You didn't want Daddy were only satisfied with me and you have continued on that streak everyday for the last 14 months. I really don't mind because I know that one day I won't be your #1 pick to hang out with.

Tomorrow we leave Prescott for California on this new chapter in our lives. Hang on, girl, it's gonna be a wild ride.

No comments: