Sunday, July 8, 2007

July 8th, 2007

I have leaped into the blogging world. I hope to use this as a journal of your toddler years. I spend enough time on the computer that I should do something meaningful besides surfing the glorious world-wide web. I was sad that the infamous 1st year calendar was sealed a few weeks ago. I thought of buying a journal and jotting things down but this just seemed easier...or maybe I am just lazy. Whatever the reason, you will have my thoughts written down as we travel through the toddler years. I hope that in 20 years, you can read this and laugh at your humble beginnings.

Today you are 13 months, 2 weeks, and 1 day old. You have suddenly changed into a "kid". You, of course, are still very much my baby, but you have an attitude that is emerging rather quickly. A much referenced website, babycenter.com is sited as saying,

"Communication with your 13-month-old is getting more sophisticated all the time. She's probably got the hang of "Dada," "Mama," and a few other recognizable words, though she's still quite good at making her desires known without much vocabulary. When she wants down, she'll point down; when she wants your attention, she'll tug your shirt. She's also understanding a good percentage of the simple language you use around her every day, so be sure to talk to her and read to her as much as possible."

I seem to have missed the part about the squealing temper and utter defiance? Who is this child? You have started to insist on having everything your way.....we are working on modifying that. You have a mind of your own, that is for sure. You seem to understand everything we say, and if it is some sort of command then you decide whether or not to listen. There are times that you are told no and you will look around to see if anyone is watching and you sneak to do it again. You can be such a little stinker!

You have just learned how to click with your tongue. I am not sure where you learned to do it but it sure is cute! You love animals. We went to visit some friends today and they had dogs - were you ever excited! You wouldn't take your eyes off of them. I am sure that one day you will have to have a puppy - but I have a lot of convincing to do with Daddy. Your hair is also growing...Grandpa says it didn't grow until you came to Arizona. You have a total of 8 teeth...all of them came with much pain and hardship on your part. I never knew how miserable a baby could be when they are teething!

You continue to nurse throughout the day and night. You are such a wiggle worm when you nurse. It seems as though you wish you could just take them with you...too bad they are attached to my body. You say "mama", "mom", "dada", "this" and "that". You are constantly "talking". It is almost all incomprehensible but you are so cute when you really have something important to say. You have this serious look about you and we just know that whatever you are saying must be earth-shattering! You also love to get into cabinets and close doors. You will close every open door you pass by. You are the entertainment!

I purchased the cutest, but most impractical and silly outfit on Saturday. What little girl doesn't need butterfly wings and a tutu? So cute as you can see for yourself...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

You are so precious and I am blessed to be able to witness you growing up.

Love,
Mommy

No comments: